Friday, October 31, 2008

What Scares You?

Happy Halloween

What’s scary?

Halloween has become another celebration turned seasonal marketing plan?

How to take it back?

What part of pumpkins, goblins, candy corn and putting on a costume profanes the point of all saints eve?


What do I want to believe about Halloween?

Is it begging treats and playing pranks?


What makes something hallowed?

Dictionary-Hallowed: -verb, transitive
To make or set apart as holy.
To respect or honor greatly; revere.”


Is it about being scared?

What Scares you?


What do I believe that makes the bogeyman real?

Where and how can Freddy or Chucky or the Wicked Witch get me?


How many ways can I look at this holy day, now a season of sales?

Ancient Wisdom reveres the hallowed evening as a celebration and acknowledgment of the dead.

Aha, a space of seeing beyond the physical, and recognizing spirit. A day to recognize our fears of death.


It can be a day of recognition that we are all beings. Behind the mask of Freddie, the Princesses make-up, the bearded hippies, the Dr, or Fireman is the truth that I am all identities.

I am as, how, when and where I chose to be.

The joy can be in the belief that I can be it all.
My expression of myself is only limited to my imagination or fears.

No comments: