Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Big Space & The Small Space

From a Dream

It was a Big Space, a large room with many people.

I was just one of the folks when I spoke,
“Let’s all find our space.”
Not an authoritative voice, an ‘everyman’s’ voice, soft, reassuring, in tune with the group voice.

“Spread out,” came the voice, and it was me speaking, confident, caring feeling the room.

It was a big room, and I was leading us to realize this room was inside us. Inside everyone was a big room like this. Big enough for everyone we know, and don’t know.

We were cooperating in sharing this space. And as big as the space was, and that we were aware of the size, we also had our small space. We were expanded, and we could contract, shrink into our small space.

I became the guide to:
“Find the small space It is like a curl, the nook round the corner that’s cozy and comfortable. We all have a curl, a pube that acts as a metaphor to the small space.”

The space may only be big enough for one, or it may have room for a couple of others.

“Imagine it.

“It’s safe. You belong here. It’s your space. Like sitting under the snowball tree as a child. Or hiding in the corner of the closet, under the basement stairs.”

What’s important is the spaces are always here.
Always inside me.
Always a private space.

I can move from the small space to the big space. There is lots of room to stretch out. And the big space is safe too; you belong here, or there.

The spaces are always open.

I shared how I saw the spaces, How we all have the spaces, and in this magic moment we communicated to each other.
It was showing & telling.
We all got up from our naps AND I BEGAN TO SING:
“You put your left foot in. You put your left foot out. You put your left foot in and you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around.
That’s what its all about.”

Close your eyes,
find your spaces,
it’s your rooms.
Big
or
small
feel the freedom of the rooms within.
Namaste
Gary

No comments: