Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's Your Questions in Time.

Snippets of time….with “time being an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.”*

My daily creations of times begins upon awakening and asking myself three questions before I open my eyes. Such as:

How can I make today fun?

How can I add more love to the world?

What can I do to further my goals?

What new questions can I ask myself?

What questions create more happiness?

Do my questions control my thoughts? Key Question!

Did the school system, retreats, seminars, workshops, classes, REALLY try to teach me how to ask questions and not to give answers?

Once out of bed comes the unblocked time of the toilet to tea. Time just passes till I pick up my morning read or meditation, where time stops and insights, wisdom and epiphany blend into quality time.

Then prep time, time to leave, commute time, punch the time clock, busy time, lunch time-where time speeds up or slows depending on lunch choices and service.

Afternoon time can drag into a fight against siesta time till quitting time. Drive time, wind down time, happy hour, dinnertime, some TV time, bedtime, and dream time.

Time out!

Play time. Time for friends, family & buddi’s.


“Time is on my side.’**
“Time is too short for those who wait…***
“Times up, what’s your answer?”

Time may be continuous and carry a beat like a clock, musically or with agreement from the Atomic clock, the stock market or TV, but for me, time is dependent on where my attention goes, or maybe where my judgments, my attitudes or the adverbs(labels like good time, bad time) that I put upon my attention. It’s not a case of not having enough time, but of owning the time I have.

How easy is the step from owning to enjoying? Owning the time frames is a different perspective. Like eating a whole watermelon one piece at a time, building long term happiness a frame at a time.


Am I happy to be alive?

Is there enough happiness in the world?

Are our soldiers happy?

Is my time a generalized version of life or a specific encounter with my feelings?

Which do I prefer?

Which one is a habit?

Which one can I create?

What do I want to create?

Time in!

“It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.
Nomstay, Gary
*Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
**The Rolling Stones
***It's A Beautiful Day

No comments: